Thursday, August 22, 2013

Symbolism

Symbolism can mean a lot of things. It can also be true and false. What is not true or false is how big of dumb fucks some people can be when they look to far into symbolism. People want to look at everything from art work to shitty movies and think there is symbolism there. Yes, in some paintings and different parts of movies and what not, there are parts of symbolism. In movies, when things relate to each other throughout the film, there are definitely parts of symbolism in connecting the dots. There is also different forms of this in different things as well but one thing that really pisses me off is when people think they find symbolism in shit that is not there. In class, there was a discussion going on about a scene in one movie. Somebody raised there hand and said, "I think that the ring meant he was married to the group." No I am not talking about Lord of the Rings or whatever that group of losers are called. When I heard the comment about the ring, which really had no part in the movie besides it added to the guys character, I wanted to turn around and shove two middle fingers right in the kids face. Luckily, I am civilized. Just because we are in film class doesn't mean that you have to try to be intelligent and think of some bullshit answer, you were sleeping half of the movie anyway.

As far as artwork goes, for all of you hippie freaks out there, do not look into it too much. Have you ever thought that a painting is made because the artist just thought it would be a cool picture? Not because he had level 5 depression and because his wife had 3 eyes. I mean fuck, I get that paintings and artwork is a form of expression but why do people have to think that a painting of a stick figure means that the artist was having a bad tuesday because his pubes were too long. If you really think there is symbolism in every piece of artwork or painting you see, you are sorely wrong. A kid once told me that he thought a river in the background of a painting was supposed to mean that water means that it makes the guy seem like he can live forever if he just keeps flowing with life. Yeah, I mean I was kind of thinking the same thing but I thought that the river represented the diarrhea that was in the artists pants at the time and he really wanted to share that with his audience. So if you really want to put some symbolism to some shit that is not there, think again about the diarrhea running down the artists legs then tell me what you think.

I think that this painting represents the artist's will to live. This was his way of saying that the world spins on an axis and that his wife's tits are horse shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment