Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Terrible Addictions

Sleeping is a necessary thing for all humans, but you cannot abuse it. One of my good friends/roommates is addicted to napping. It makes me fucking sick. Napping has taken over his life completely and I feel like I have lost a friend because he just doesn't act the same when he is napping. His name is Texas Pete and he first started napping when he was a baby but he got over it as he got older, but a couple years ago he had a relapse and started napping again. He has been addicted ever since. Its a downward spiral that nobody likes to see.These days he is napping 2-3 times a day. Whose knows where he will be in 5 years without help. Its really hard for me to watch. I just have to leave the room when he starts napping. I have taken almost all the necessary steps to help him; I have talked to him about it, I have pissed in his bed, I have thrown his mattress in the middle of our backyard. I've tried it all. Nothing is working. He just keeps finding places to nap. He can also nap with all of the lights and TV on. So I called his parents and all of his friends and we are having an intervention this weekend. It is going to be some harsh truth for him but I think he will be fine after he knows were all here to support him. For instance, we were all starting to pregame with some really cold beer around 6:30 pm the other day. Everything was going great, especially when he sticks to beer, but we looked over and he was napping on the couch. Nobody even saw him do it was the weirdest thing. I don't think my friends and I have ever been so disrespected in our lives. Its okay though because later that day he got an earful from one our friends. If you have any suggestions on how we can help Texas Pete get over this addiction, please let us know by commenting on here. If you would like to come to his intervention, it is this Sunday at 2:00 at Taco Bell off of Main Street.

This is a picture of Texas Pete napping on his bed right after I pissed all over his silk sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment